You may have heard about these terms if you have been involved in SEO for the past few years, and they have recently been included in the maintenance of Google's quality standards. But what do they stand for, and what purpose do they serve?
What is "MC"?
This stands for Main Content, the unique information that appears on every page, including certain features that make the page distinctive.
What is "YMYL"?
Your Money or Your Life pages hold critical information and can affect people in different ways. These can include pages where financial transactions are made, or affecting daily health, happiness and safety of the user.
What is "E-A-T"?
This is an acronym for Expertise, Authoritativeness and Trustworthiness.
These terms come from the Google Raters Manual, which is a guideline for Google Raters, the people who double-check the effectiveness of its algorithms. Read further on the subject below:
Once Google understands the purpose of a page, it uses a system of metrics designed to measure the following:
The creator’s expertise
How much authority the creator, main content and website itself have
How trustworthy the creator, the main content and the website are
High E-A-T scores can be awarded for all types of websites: fashion websites, forums, Q&A pages, along with many others. In fact, some types of information are found almost exclusively on forums and discussions, where a community of experts can provide valuable perspectives on specific topics.
From the Google Search Quality Guidelines: Raters Manual:
● High E-A-T medical advice should be written or produced by people or organisations with appropriate medical expertise or accreditation. High E-A-T medical advice or information should be written or produced in a professional Copyright 2019 style and should be edited, reviewed, and updated on a regular basis.
● High E-A-T news articles should be produced with journalistic professionalism — they should contain factually accurate content, presented in a way that helps users achieve a better understanding of events. High E-A-T news sources typically have published established editorial policies and robust review processes.
● High E-A-T information pages on scientific topics should be produced by people or organisations with appropriate scientific expertise and represent a well-established scientific consensus on issues where such debates exist.
● High E-A-T financial advice, legal advice and tax advice should come from trustworthy sources and be maintained and updated regularly.
● High E-A-T advice pages on topics such as home remodelling (which can cost thousands of dollars and impact your living situation) or advice on parenting issues (which can impact the future happiness of a family) should also come from “expert” or experienced sources that users can trust.
● High E-A-T pages on hobbies, such as photography or learning to play the guitar, also require expertise.
Is the Future of Content Marketing Audiovisual?
The world of digital marketing is always changing. Strategies, content, algorithms, you name it. But it has particularly changed in the last few years, due to the abandonment of laptops and desktops in favour of more mobile devices (literally!). Mobile phones and tablets are now our preferred method of communication, and subsequently, advertising follows.get more insight
Social Media in Business
Social media is a massive part of marketing. In the modern industry, is very important for businesses to use social media. It not only spreads their message to improve brand awareness but also brings people together for interaction. Social media is effective for both B2B and B2C campaigns to attract customers and business services alike.get more insight
Organic Marketing for Dummies
Organic marketing is one of the best and most effective ways to build your company’s brand awareness and audience. In addition, it is super inexpensive, even free, so if you are starting a new business, organic marketing will be a great way to start advertising and attract the attention of customers.get more insight